Osteoarthritis or OA is a kind of joint disease which causes the breakdown of joint cartilage. It is the most common chronic condition in the joint areas. OA mostly affects the joints of the knees, fingers, and hips. It is also known as wear and tear Arthritis or degenerative joint disease. OA features the breakdown and loss of the cartilage of affected joints. Cartilage is a type of protein substance which acts as a firm, rubbery material by providing a smooth surface for joint motion moreover it is like a “cushion” that covers each end of bones. When a person gets affected by OA, the cartilage breaks down which causes severe pain and problems like swelling or moving the joint. Till now osteoarthritis usually has no known cause. This type is known as primary osteoarthritis and when the cause of the OA is known, the condition is called secondary osteoarthritis.
In further discussion, you will read about the causes and symptoms of Osteoarthritis. Also, you will get to know how CBD can help in reducing the symptoms of this severe condition, Osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis: Causes and Symptoms
This autoimmune disease occurs before the age of 45 in males. It frequently occurs at 55 years of age in females.
Causes of Osteoarthritis
Some of the factors that cause OA are
- Age – The risk of having this disease increases with age. It mostly occurs at old age.
- Sex- One of the main causes of OA is sex. Women are more prone to develop osteoarthritis as compared to men.
- Injuries- Injuries which commonly occur while playing sports or in an accident increases the risk of developing osteoarthritis. The joint injuries are the most common one.
- Obesity – Overweight causes joints to break down faster causing pain in joints.
- Genetics – Genetic Traits in some people can be a reason for causing osteoarthritis.
The main symptom of Osteoarthritis is severe pain in the joints. Some of the main symptoms
- Pain – If a person is suffering from osteoarthritis, then the joints may hurt during or after the movement.
- Stiffness- Stiffness in the joints can be noticed when you wake up in the morning.
- Tenderness – When some pressure is applied to the joints, the person might feel a little tenderness.
- Grating sensation – You may feel the grating or scraping sensation while moving the knee.
- Loss of flexibility – An Affected person may not be able to move the joint in the normal range of motion.
Use of CBD For treating Osteoarthritis
Cannabidiol or CBD is found in the hemp plant and it is now emerging as a promising chemical compound for treating many illnesses that most experts have previously considered to be untreatable which also includes Osteoarthritis. Some researchers suggest that CBD can be helpful in reducing the pain in joints caused by OA. Low doses of CBD can result in pain relief because of its anti-inflammatory effects. CBD interacts with the person’s brain and immune system. It also stops joint damage and effectively decreases the severity of symptoms.
Other Medical benefits of CBD
- Treat sleep issues – According to Researchers, few strains of cannabis can be used for treating sleep issues because it is sedative in nature.
- Managing Pain – Studies have shown that CBD reduces inflammation and pain in cancer patients.
- Improves Heart Health – Experts say that CBD can be a very effective and natural treatment for the people suffering from High Blood Pressure.
- Reduces anxiety – You can use CBD to reduce the anxiety because it regulates the limbic and paralimbic area to lower the anxiety level.
- Deters Neurodegenerative diseases – CBD can be a potential natural compound for diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Multiple Sclerosis.
Where you can buy CBD?
When you are looking for CBD visit Thought Cloud (thought cloud.net). They offer different forms of CBD like isolate and full spectrum. CBD oil of Thought Cloud is made from NON-GMO
raw materials which makes it useful for low weight people. All the products are lab-tested for purity and they have 0% strain of THC.
Conclusion On CBD For treating Osteoarthritis
Before taking CBD, it’s recommended to speak to your doctor. If the symptoms are ignored, the pain can become permanent. OA can be effectively managed by having good health treatments and usage of CBD oil. CBD has several potential benefits that are helpful in treating conditions like these.